Saturday, January 18, 2014

3/52 | Something for moi

natures candy... a blackberry bush. The boys and myself will delight in these soon enough!

the wistful dandelion

Add caption


possibly my favorite image of the afternoon. The flow and composition scream beauty, fluid strength


I awoke today in the midst of midday heat, scattered after a night shift of answering buzzers and cleaning bottoms. This year will be a challenging one for me personally as i take on full time work. It will be the first time i will work full time since having children. I find the hardest concept to wrap my mind around will spending time away from my youngest who will be potentially having his last year at home before 'big school'.

As the holidays come to a close and my new graduate year creeps upon me, i find myself savoring the sweet (and chaotic) moments of time with my babies. An everlasting beach romp, topped with ice creams, midday naps and late nights on the couch.

I kiss their soft skin, just in that crevass of their little necks, the hint of salt still left from the days endevours. They are my world. Though despite all this, and all my motherness. I am also simply me. I am not mother just as much. There are parts of me that swell with want, for which no amount of them can fill. These parts of me are not to be ignored. They call and reach for me, tugging at my deeper parts. 

These are the parts of me that desire, vision, thoughtful renderings, creative pleasures. If i neglect to pursue a balance in my life of these parts along with my motherness, then i fail to be the best of myself.

So this evening i took my camera and i headed barefoot for the bush. Just me on my own, the sounds of birds, the smell of summer afternoon heat. It was lovely to just exist. Never underestimate the power of connection with the world around you. Walking barefoot revitalises the soul, you can feel the energy pouring through you from the earth.

I took these images by flipping my prime lens, a sneaky little trick that can be used to somewhat replicate the delicate macro flavor i was after. The result being some divine images, that remind me of the soft delicate feminine nature of the flower, which has the strength to remain strong and beautiful in the harshest of environments. Reminding me of how,we as mothers are delicate too. With the capability of unmeasured strength in the face of adversity.

Tend to all your you parts, what ever they may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment